My name is Phil Martin and I set up Your Time Therapy to help people cope with everyday life.
There are many situations when we just need some extra support. Sometimes we don’t understand how everything seems to have changed and we could do with a helping hand.
If you found this website then you are are probably looking for help for yourself or someone else. You can contact me by phone or by using the simple contact form HERE. I look forward to hearing from you.
Counselling in Bournemouth
Counselling and therapy can help in a wide range of situations including helping to:
- Improve self esteem
- Establish meaningful relationships
- Improve self confidence
- Learn how to cope more effectively
- Become more accepting of yourself and others
Counselling provides the opportunity for an experienced therapist to help and support you through problems that may be facing you. We all have different ways of coping with life’s difficulties. Speaking to a therapist can be helpful to work through issues such as depression, stress, bereavement, work-related difficulties and low self-esteem.
Therapy can help with addictions, weight lost, phobias, depression, anxiety, bereavement and many other issues effecting our ability to function in everyday life
About Phil Martin, counsellor in Bournemouth
I originally trained as an engineer and worked for a large private manufacturer and also in the public sector. From the shop floor to management, I experienced many changes and saw first hand the impact these had on peoples’ lives. I learned about real life issues and what is important to people.
I spent four years working and developing communication skills in Nigeria and have provided practical help for socially challenged people one-to-one.
I have managed teams of people in operations and maintenance and served on the leadership team of a local church.
In my mid-forties I decided to use my skills and experience to help others, so I took some time out to train as a counsellor and psychotherapist.
I have 16 year’s experience as a counsellor, initially working as a volunteer whilst gaining experience and continuing my training and development. Now I work in private practice and can draw on my many years experience to bring a down-to-earth reality to my client work.
- MSc in Counselling – The University of Strathclyde
- Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling – The University of Strathclyde
- Certificate in Counselling Skills – Stoke-on-Trent College
- Introduction to Counselling Skills – Staffordshire University
- CEng, MIET
- BSc (Hons) Engineering – The City University, London
- Practitioner Development in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT)
- Couples Counselling
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Non Violent Communications (NVC)
- Running therapeutic groups
- Internal Family Systems
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) – Registered Member.
- Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC) – Registered Member
Costs & Payment Options
Initial telephone consultation: Free of charge.
Face-to-face 60 minute session: Individual £45, Couple £60
For each appointment, you are welcome to pay in cash at the time, or in advance via bank transfer.